The Shocking Truth about the Most Expensive Body Wash. 0
Be warned! What you are about to learn about your everyday body wash may shock you. Yes, that one in your shower right now is the most expensive body wash you can find. See why.
The shocking truth.
The modern world loves body wash. It feels luxurious, smells heavenly and doesn’t clog up drains with soap. It is estimated 80% of the population use body wash and shower gels every day.
But did you know that 80% of body wash users, especially children and the less coordinated among us, spill 40% of their potions on the shower walls and 10% on the floor!
So you think you paid a good price for your body wash? Wrong, you paid double, because half of it went down the drain, like your money.
But there is a darker hidden expense we pay for our body wash.
Look closely at the ingredients on your body wash label. See a long list of cheap, man made chemicals.
Some of them you have heard of before, usually in relation to health risks and disease.These sweet smelling chemical cocktails could be a hazard to your health.
David Suzuki calls these Chemicals the ‘Dirty Dozen’
Dr. Suzuki investigated the obvious connection most of us overlook while we are lathering up in the shower. He showed the awful downstream effects these chemicals have on our water ecology and biosystems…. exposing fish, frogs and wildlife to toxic risk.
12 Chemicals Found in Body Wash, the High Cost of ‘Luxury’.
- Parabens...a synthetic preservative used to control bacterial growth... Able to be absorbed by the skin... possesses estrogen mimicking properties...found in tumors and linked to breast cancer….harmful to fish and wildlife.(source 1)
- Synthetic colors and Fragrances. ...on labels represented as D & C or F, D & C derived from the by products of petroleum and coal tar...suspected carcinogens...harmful to fish and wildlife. (source 2)
- Phthalates.... a chemical additive to fragrances...helps soften plastic...able to be absorbed through the skin and stored in the body….known to be involved in endocrine activity and possibly the cause of early breast development in girls, breast cancer and birth defects….3 eyed fish? (source 3)
- Triclosan. ...a synthetic antimicrobial synthetic with dubious efficacy...capable of interfering with endocrine activity in the thyroid, ovaries and pituitary….suspected of contributing to bacterial resistance of antibiotics. (source 4)
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) / Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES). ..a synthetic lathering agent...a known skin, eye and lung irritant...ability to mix with other chemicals and mutate to form carcinogens...affecting kidney and lung function. (source 5)
Other ingredients used in the chemical production of body washes can be Formaldehyde, Toluene, DEA, DMDM hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea, BHA & BHT, PEG Compounds (source 6)
How to avoid toxins and waste in the shower?
Use plant based, chemical free body wash with gentle cleansing formula, natural scents from essential oils and ingredients which support and nourish your skin without risk to the environment.
Who makes Chemical Free, all Natural Body Wash?
The all Australian company Lemon Myrtle Fragrances have just released their new soap free Lemon Myrtle Body and Hand Wash.
Lemon Myrtle Body and Hand Wash contains three superior essential oils.
- Lemon Myrtle oil for gentle antibacterial cleansing
- Thyme oil for antioxidant and pore cleansing
- Rosemary oil for skin protection from sun damage and free radicals.
Imagine the heavenly fresh scent this essential oil combination exudes in the shower.
The plant derived ingredients are blended in a soothing organic Aloe base along with kelp minerals and seed extracts to clean and nourish your skin.
Is Lemon Myrtle Body and Hand Wash the Most Expensive?
No way! Because of the gel texture and the pump design it won’t be wasted on your shower walls!
Use only 1 to 2 mls of gel on a shower flower making a deliciously aromatic lather. Or place a few drops under the running tap when you draw your next bubble bath.
Also an environment friendly hand wash in the kitchen and bathroom.
3 Easy Ways to Buy Lemon Myrtle Body and Hand Wash
Visit our online store Lemon Myrtle Fragrances.com
Come see, touch and smell the beautiful range of Lemon Myrtle Products at your local markets. Click here for the Lemon Myrtle Fragrances local market calendar.
We welcome your feedback and questions about Lemon Myrtle chemical free products.
Please leave your comments below.
Stay well, from the Lemon Myrtle Fragrances Team.
Essential Lemon Myrtle Oil burning 0
Essential Lemon Myrtle Oil from Lemon Myrtle Fragrances has a very high citral content over 95% which is effective when burning in a little water.
Vapour can cleanse the air, refresh the bathroom, living areas, kitchen, sleeping areas and patio/verhandah. Visitors will leave with a lasting lemony memory. All natural room deodorizer.
Lemon Myrtle Oil is versatile and can also be used in small quantities for cleaning you need only use what is required so the oil lasts and lasts.
10 Drops in a 1 litre spray bottle
10 Drops in mops and buckets of water for the floor,
5 drops to the last rinse of linen and underwear in the washing machine.
5 Drops in the oil burner for room deodorizing.
We have specials on at the moment a free large white or black burner with every 50 ml Lemon Myrtle Oil.