Lemon Myrtle Coconut Cake
Our thanks to Peppermint for the recipe.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- After that, add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Stir in coconut, flour and ground lemon myrtle gently until combined.
- Put the mixture into a greased and base lined 20 cm (8”) round cake tin and bake at 160º celsius for 1 hour or until cooked.
Ingredients for the Syrup
- 1 cup (250g) sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp ground lemon myrtle
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring all ingredients to the boil stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Strain lemon myrtle from syrup and pour the syrup over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Leave cake to cool in tin before turning out.