Making your own Laundry Liquid
How to make laundry liquid with the Soapman Soap Lemon Myrtle Soap.
Most laundry detergents contain a number of chemicals that may; irritate sensitive skin, cause damage to the environment if you are on a septic system and cost you alot more than if you make it yourself.
You need 2 large pans around 10 litres each or a couple of buckets.
One soap bar grated. 1 cup borax, 1 cup Washing Soda - 7x 3 litre milk or other containers
Here are 5 easy steps.
1. Boil about 3 litres of water in a large 10 litre pan and add 100gms of grated soap - one soap bar.
2. When dissolved add 1 cup of Borax and 1 cup of Washing Soda and add about 17 litres of water.
3. Add Lemon Myrtle, Eucalyptus or other oil, I use a maximum of 10-20 mls in this mixture.mix and cool.
4. Pour into containers when cool.
5. Keep out of reach of children.
Use 1/2 to 1 cup per wash.
You can 1/2 this mixture and make 10 litres instead.
I find this mixture does 3-5 washes per week for 3 months.
Cost about 5c per wash.
- Maria Pickles