3 Top Reasons Lemon Myrtle is the Best Natural Deodorant
In 2017 Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil is the leading key ingredient in natural deodorants. What are the unique qualities of Australian Lemon Myrtle which make it so effective?
- Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia Citriadora) possesses powerful antimicrobial properties, meaning it can slow or stop the growth of a broad spectrum of microbes such as bacterial and fungal outbreaks and infections.
- Lemon Myrtle is 16 times stronger than phenol which is a chemical antibacterial agent. Lemon Myrtle is considerably stronger than tea tree oil which is also antibacterial.
- Lemon Myrtle contains the highest concentration of citral found in any plant in the world. Citral, a naturally occurring property, accounts for the incredibly powerful lemony scent of Lemon Myrtle. It is far more intense than lemon, with crisp and spicy tones.
How do antimicrobial and antibacterial agents work as deodorant?
Well, odors are created from the waste of bacterial activity. Certain conditions such as darkness, warmth and dampness promote increased bacterial activity.
Humans have sweat glands located in our armpits, groin and feet. These areas often provide the perfect conditions for bacteria and other microbes to thrive and cause body odor.
The application of a Lemon Myrtle essential oil based deodorant kills unwanted bacteria, fungus and even viruses which inhabit those warm moist areas, leaving only a fresh zesty lemon aroma.
Lemon Myrtle oil is intensely strong and could be injurious to your skin if applied undiluted.
Unsafe and Unnatural Ingredients in Deodorants
Check the ingredients labels of your deodorants before purchase.
It is best to avoid deodorants containing talc which tends to clog pores and block perspiration and potentially lead to hair follicle infections.
Avoid products containing Aluminium which has been linked to Alzheimer's disease and although not conclusive it is better to be cautious.
Avoid Parabens in deodorants due to the suspected interference parabens have with estrogen production. Parabens also have potential link to breast cancer and other possible adverse cumulative effects with prolonged exposure.
Avoid cosmetic products containing animal fats, thus reducing animal cruelty.
Avoid Petro chemicals in deodorants and other personal products because of the three fold side effects of environmental degradation, known carcinogens and skin irritation.
Avoid Synthetic perfumes and mineral oils which are by product of petroleum production.
The Alternative to Chemical Deodorants.
The simple, safe and therapeutic alternative to chemical based cosmetics and deodorants is essential oils and plant blends from herbs, nuts, seeds and flowers.
The fresh, uplifting scent of Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil appeals to women and men.
The all Australian company Lemon Myrtle Fragrances have been producing personal care products since 1990, incorporating Lemon Myrtle essential oil as the key active ingredient.
Their all natural deodorants also contain the supporting ingredients of Eucalyptus oil, organic Aloe Juice and the beautiful soothing power of Camomile Flower extract to protect the sensitive underarm areas.
Lemon Myrtle Fragrances Deodorant comes in a handy roll on bottle or a pump spray bottle. The pump spray is ideal for applying deodorant to your feet and inside shoes to control bacteria and odor.
Deodorise Your Home with Lemon Myrtle.
We all have other places around the home where unwanted odors persist, especially during damp conditions. The team at Lemon Myrtle Fragrances have other solutions to eliminate common household odors.
- Lemon Myrtle Antibacterial Air Freshener is an instant and delightful deodoriser in a pump spray and suitable for every room in your chemical free home. I like to leave a bottle in the smallest room and use the tiniest drop to wipe over the seat and floor and basin each day to quickly freshen up the room.
- Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil is 100% pure undiluted oil. Add a few drops into your laundry wash, your oil diffuser, spray the pet bed with a dilution of Lemon Myrtle Oil or leave a drop on a tissue under your pillow for easy breathing and contented dreams.
3 Easy Ways to Buy all Natural Lemon Myrtle Deodorant
1. Visit our online store Lemon Myrtle Fragrances.com
2. Find a Lemon Myrtle Stockist near you.
3. Come see, touch and smell our beautiful range of Lemon Myrtle Products at your local markets. Click here for the Lemon Myrtle Fragrances local market calendar.
We welcome your feedback and questions about Lemon Myrtle and natural deodorants.
Please leave your comments below.
Stay well, from the Lemon Myrtle Fragrances Team.
- Izzaac n