Hacks & Hints
Check each product for more Hacks & Hints!
- Lemon Myrtle Fragrances soap is an efficient and effective way to keep your linen closet smelling good and reduce insects. Buy your Lemon Myrtle Fragrances soap in bulk, place it in the linen closet between your sheets, towels and pillow cases and not only do they smell fabulous when you use them, the soap dries further so they last longer.
- LMF soap is also wonderful to use in the laundry. As a stain remover, particularly on oil and grease stains, grate Lemon Myrtle Fragrances soap (about 10 gm into a litre of warm water, stir till it dissolves) allow it to cool and then use on stains – rub in, allow to soak and then wash normally. (Always patch test first on an inconspicuous spot)
- LMF Air Freshener – the Air Freshener is also a great cleaner for hard surfaces. Simply spray onto hard surfaces such as kitchen, bathroom and laundry benches, and wipe clean. Especially good for cleaning soap scum from glass shower screens and tiles in the shower. Also great for spot cleaning on hard floors after pet “accidents”.
- LMF Lip Balm is very nourishing and protective of lips, but also a wonderful balm for other dry cracked skin issues eg: heels - rub some balm into the heels. Also good for applying to cracked cuticles, bites, welts and small blisters.
- LMF Insect Repellent can be used on dogs and horses by diluting 25% Insect Repellent to 75% water, or spray on your hands and then apply to the animal’s coat.
- Natural Lemon Myrtle Body Lotion can make a great homemade body scrub – add sugar, coarse salt or coffee grounds and apply to exfoliate while in the shower.
- Using your favourite products, create your own personalised tinted moisturiser to provide good coverage without looking like your makeup is over done. Just experiment with your liquid foundation and your Lemon Myrtle Moisturiser by adding a little of each until you arrive at the colour and consistency which suits you best then apply!
- If you have stubborn mascara under your eyes, simply dab a tiny bit of Lemon Myrtle Moisturiser on your fingertips, and apply directly. Gently smooth towards the edges of your face, and enjoy soft, clean skin.
- As a natural alternative to fabric softener, add white vinegar to the fabric dispenser and add a few drops of Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil to the vinegar. Particularly good to soften sheets, towels and pillow cases and makes the whole wash smell wonderful.
- An added bonus to including Lemon Myrtle Oil in the wash, is it is antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial.
- If you have a favourite massage oil, just add a few drops of Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil and apply, both you and the masseuse get the benefits.
- Ease yourself off to sleep by adding 1-2 drops of Lemon Myrtle Oil to a handkerchief and slip it into your pillowcase, then breathe deeply.
- Absorb the benefits of Lemon Myrtle by adding one drop to a water bottle - you have a refreshing drink with the benefits of Vitamin A, E, zinc, magnesium, calcium, lutein and antioxidants.
- LMF Soaps act as a very economical shampoo bar – great also for beards and dreadlocks.
- LMF Body & Hand Wash is a wonderful bubble bath - just pour a little under the hot running water.
- LMF Shampoo is wonderful for the whole family and is even gentle enough to use on dogs, cats and horses.
- Use LMF Conditioner as a leave in conditioner to help tame frizzy hair – just squeeze about 10 cent piece size into your palm and scrunch through the ends to keep hair conditioned and manageable.
- Spray the Air Freshener in the toilet bowl before you go, the oil film helps to trap odours.
- LMF Deodorants work really well because the antibacterial properties kill the bacteria and it is the bacteria which causes the odour. Roll-on is perfect for underarms and soles of the feet. Our Spray deodorant is excellent for those who prefer a spray, but additionally good for those with feet issues - spray onto the feet – soles and tops of toes, then rub in around the toes – does wonders for fungal problems. A couple of sprays into shoes and boots works a treat also.
- Fingers swollen in the summer heat and your rings are now a little tight? Apply Lemon Myrtle Fragrances Body Lotion to your hands and work in around your fingers until your rings slide off.
- Lemon Myrtle Moisturiser is perfect at any time of day, so use first thing after your shower, or last thing at night for the refreshing and rejuvenating benefits.
- Apply Lemon Myrtle Moisturiser to the heels, and cover with socks just before bed; the aloe vera base will soften and soothe cracked heels with consistent use.
- Lemon Myrtle is an effective inhalant for sinusitis and upper respiratory issues. Add 1-2 drops of Lemon Myrtle Oil to a bowl of hot water and cover your head and the bowl with a towel and breathe deeply.
- The perfect start to every day - enjoy a Lemon Myrtle "steam shower". When the water is at your desired temperature, step into the shower, add a few drops of Lemon Myrtle Oil to the hot running water and breathe in the invigorating fragrance.
- And as a relaxing way to end the day, add a few drops to the bath and lie back to soak in the goodness.
- Prior to an "open house", or just to freshen a room, add a few drops to an oil burner or diffuser - the rooms will smell great and Lemon Myrtle is calming and uplifting.